Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryanscott14
Frequent Visitor

Enabling Large models in Premium capactiy

Hi all,

I am attempting to enable Large models in my P1 capacity using the following tutorial...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-large-models

... I am an admin of the workspace and followed the instructions. I am able to execute the Get-PowerBIDataset using my dataset ID and it returns Abf, as expected. When I attempt to execute the Set-PowerBIDataset command, I get a 400 Bad Request error. I added the -debug parameter. Please see the log below...

Set-PowerBIDataset : Operation returned an invalid status code 'BadRequest'
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-PowerBIDataset -Id 9b463f9a-9831-4aaf-9c6d-a01ef261cd35 -Workspac ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...tPowerBIDataset:SetPowerBIDataset) [Set-PowerBIDataset],
HttpOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'BadRequest',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.S
etPowerBIDataset

VERBOSE: Request Uri:
https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/e6c92ab3-6db8-4e0b-8b98-e083a60d1994/datasets/9b463f9a-983...
1cd35

Confirm
Continue with this operation?
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [H] Halt Command [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"): Y
VERBOSE: Status Code: BadRequest (400)

Confirm
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [H] Halt Command [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"): Y
DEBUG: 5:07:57 PM - Set-PowerBIDataset end processing.

Confirm
PS H:\> Set-PowerBIDataset -Id 9b463f9a-9831-4aaf-9c6d-a01ef261cd35 -TargetStorageMode PremiumFiles
Set-PowerBIDataset : Operation returned an invalid status code 'BadRequest'
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-PowerBIDataset -Id 9b463f9a-9831-4aaf-9c6d-a01ef261cd35 -TargetSt ...
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...tPowerBIDataset:SetPowerBIDataset) [Set-PowerBIDataset],
HttpOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'BadRequest',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.S
etPowerBIDataset

... any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

I just wanted to close the loop on this. I submitted a ticket to support. The reason for my error message was due to P1 sku being Canadian capacity. The functionality isn't yet rolled out to Canada.

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ryanscott14
Frequent Visitor

To add to this, I ran Resolve-PowerBIError...

RequestId : f8ec7aeb-7350-4798-9f70-d81cbe09d459
Response : Bad Request (400): {"error":{"code":"InvalidRequest","message":"Invalid dataset. Premium Files is
not available for this dataset."}}
PowerBIErrorInfo :
ResponseDate : Wed, 22 Jan 2020 01:36:11 GMT
RequestMethod : PATCH
RequestUri : https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets/2d3e0a25-e6d5-4587-b0b4-48e4d8a3820e
InvocationInfo : {Set-PowerBIDataset}
Line : Set-PowerBIDataset -Id 2d3e0a25-e6d5-4587-b0b4-48e4d8a3820e -TargetStorageMode PremiumFiles
Position : At line:1 char:1
+ Set-PowerBIDataset -Id 2d3e0a25-e6d5-4587-b0b4-48e4d8a3820e -TargetSt ...
StackTrace : at Microsoft.PowerBI.Api.V2.Datasets.<UpdateDatasetByIdWithHttpMessagesAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Api.V2.DatasetsExtensions.<UpdateDatasetByIdAsync>d__81.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Api.V2.DatasetsExtensions.UpdateDatasetById(IDatasets operations, String
datasetKey, UpdateDatasetRequest updateDatasetRequest)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Common.Api.Datasets.DatasetsClient.PatchDataset(Guid datasetId,
PatchDatasetRequest patchDatasetRequest, Nullable`1 workspaceId)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.SetPowerBIDataset.ExecuteCmdlet()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Common.PowerBICmdlet.ProcessRecord()
HistoryId : 18

... which gave me more insight on the 400 error... "Invalid dataset. Premium Files is
not available for this dataset."

I am wondering what is missing in the *.pbix file? I have premium capacity set on my workspace and incremental refresh enabled with the right parameters. I have confirmed incremental refresh is working with a smaller amount of data.

Hi all,

I just wanted to close the loop on this. I submitted a ticket to support. The reason for my error message was due to P1 sku being Canadian capacity. The functionality isn't yet rolled out to Canada.

Ryan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.