Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Embedding with Power BI Premium

Hi all

I'm thinking on buy a Power BI Premium Capacity but i have some doubts:

1. Power BI Premium changes the way of embedding reports?
  2. Power BI Embedded is integrated with Power BI Premium?
  3. If i acquire Power BI Embedded, the code must change to embed or is the same that the old version?

Regards

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Juramirez,

Here is a good article about frequently asked questions about Power BI Embedded, which should answer most of your questions.

What is the difference between Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded?

Power BI Premium is capacity geared toward enterprises, who want a complete BI solution that provides a single view of its organization, partners, customers, and suppliers. Power BI Premium helps your organization make decisions. Power BI Premium is a SaaS product and comes with the ability for users to consume content through the Power BI portal, mobile app, and through internally developed apps.

Power BI Embedded is for ISVs or developers who are building applications and want to embed visuals into those applications. Power BI Embedded helps your customers make decisions because Power BI Embedded is for application developers, customers of that application can consume content stored on Power BI Embedded capacity, including anyone inside or outside the organization. Power BI Embedded capacity content cannot be shared through one-click publish to Web or one-click publish to SharePoint, and it does not support SSRS reports.

Power BI now offers three SKUs for embedding: A SKUs, EM SKUs and P SKUs. Which one should I purchase for my scenario?

A SKU (Power BI Embedded) EM SKU (Power BI Premium) P SKU (Power BI Premium)
Purchase Azure portal Office Office
Use cases * Embed content in your own application * Embed content in your own application
* Share content with Power BI FREE users outside PowerBI.com and embed in other SaaS applications (SharePoint, Teams)
* Embed content in your own application
* Share content with Power BI FREE users outside PowerBI.com and embed in other SaaS applications (SharePoint, Teams)
* Share content with Power BI FREE users through PowerBI.com
Billing Hourly Monthly Monthly
Commitment No commitment Yearly Monthly/Yearly
Differentiation Full elasticity- can scale up/ down, pause/ resume resources in Azure portal or through API Can be used to embed content in SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams Combine embedding in applications and use the Power BI Service in the same capacity

In addition, as the Power BI Rest API is available for both Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded in the same way, I don't think the code needs to be changed. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Juramirez,

Here is a good article about frequently asked questions about Power BI Embedded, which should answer most of your questions.

What is the difference between Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded?

Power BI Premium is capacity geared toward enterprises, who want a complete BI solution that provides a single view of its organization, partners, customers, and suppliers. Power BI Premium helps your organization make decisions. Power BI Premium is a SaaS product and comes with the ability for users to consume content through the Power BI portal, mobile app, and through internally developed apps.

Power BI Embedded is for ISVs or developers who are building applications and want to embed visuals into those applications. Power BI Embedded helps your customers make decisions because Power BI Embedded is for application developers, customers of that application can consume content stored on Power BI Embedded capacity, including anyone inside or outside the organization. Power BI Embedded capacity content cannot be shared through one-click publish to Web or one-click publish to SharePoint, and it does not support SSRS reports.

Power BI now offers three SKUs for embedding: A SKUs, EM SKUs and P SKUs. Which one should I purchase for my scenario?

A SKU (Power BI Embedded) EM SKU (Power BI Premium) P SKU (Power BI Premium)
Purchase Azure portal Office Office
Use cases * Embed content in your own application * Embed content in your own application
* Embed content in your own application
* Share content with Power BI FREE users through PowerBI.com
Billing Hourly Monthly Monthly
Commitment No commitment Yearly Monthly/Yearly
Differentiation Full elasticity- can scale up/ down, pause/ resume resources in Azure portal or through API Can be used to embed content in SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams Combine embedding in applications and use the Power BI Service in the same capacity

In addition, as the Power BI Rest API is available for both Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded in the same way, I don't think the code needs to be changed. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you @v-ljerr-msft. It means that the way we are embedding doesn't change with PBI premium, only that premium give us more options to share our content. 

Regards

J.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors