Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding reports with drillthrough

Drillthrough, drill down, drill up, drill-through, are all these the same thing? 

I want to be able to use drill through for embedded reports.

I've followed these steps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZr_70OGPo and i have it working in the power bi service, it even works with reports that have different datasets. However, drill through does not show up in the right click menu.

Is it not possible to drillthrough reports when they're embedded?

I added 

settings: {
  drillthrough: true
}

to the settings json object when embedding the report but that didn't make a difference. Not sure if it's supposed to do but I saw the property in the PBI Javascript documentation and had to try it.

In the power bi service when i edit a report and select i.e. a table, under the 'Explore' menu there's a toggle for 'Drillthrough' however when set it to 'On' i save and exit the report and then open it again in edit mode that toggle is back to 'Off'

Edit: Important note that I see I didn't write is that I want to drill through to other reports and not just another page in the same report (that allready works) 

5 REPLIES 5
Analytics1
Frequent Visitor

Hi, you mentioned that drill through is working for same report. Can you tell me how to do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/38215924-enable-cross-report-dril...

This was the only idea I found posted when I searched for "Drillthrough embed"

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Interesting, I can able to see the similar thread in Stackoverflow too without having any solution. Hoping to get exact sol here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and that was in June and still no reply. It would be nice to know if this is actually possible or not, I haven't found any documentation stating that it is not possible or when we can expect that functionallity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.