Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

belmore
Helper II
Helper II

Embedding "User Owns Data" method -- into Salesforce

The more I read the more I get confused. There appear to be two roads (methods) to take when considering embedding Power BI content.

1) User Owns Data  (requires Power BI Pro license -- for end users to view embedded content)

2) App Owns Data (requires Power BI Premium service + Power BI Pro for developers)

I work with a small business and have 10 - 20 users who would need to view Power BI embedded content.  We believe it makes more economic sense to select the "user owns data" method -- our assumption is that if the 10-20 users all have Power BI Pro license, then we only need to figure out how to actually embed content.

My company is using Tableau desktop and tableau online --- and the process of embedding dashboards and reports is very simple (copy and paste the embedding code & if the end users are signed into their Tableau online accounts -- they are able to see the dashboards, report, etc.) 

Questions:

Does the "User Owns Data" method require Premium Service or and additional license besides Power BI Pro?

The embedding process is very complicated to understand for someone who is not a developer (this is where tableau online is great). It seems to me that the "user owns data" method should be as simple as the "Publish to Web" method -- copy and paste -- and consumers of the embedded content are required to have Power BI Pro license. (it is not). 

Is there a step by step guide for "user owns data" method when embedding into Salesforce?  Is the Embedding into Salesforce Blog guide still valid? (seems license requirements may have changed)

I need the "User Owns Data" embedding for dummies.....any advice, help, reference to articles, etc. -- for the non-developer is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @belmore,

Could you please mark the proper answer as a solution?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @belmore,

1. The Premium isn't compulsory to the User Owns Data mode. Please refer to the video below.

2. Firstly, Power BI does have simple embedding like "Publish to web" and "Embed in Sharepoint online". Secondly, I think that guide could be an easy one for embedding in Salesforce. Because there are still many steps that are required by Salesforce. I would suggest you try the "User Owns Data" demo and the source here. Please also refer to this document.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.