Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding Report or Dashboard with Multiple Data Sources in Dynamics 365

Hello, I am unable to test this scenario as I do not have my dev environment available yet, and have been unable to find any info on a similar use case to this point... 

My requirement is to create a report in Power BI, which will contain data from two different sources:

1) Dynamics 365 OData connector, to get data from D365 Entities

2) Azure SQL DB

Then, I hope to embed this report somewhere in Dynamics 365... assuming that is generally possible, what are my options -

• can this be done in a workspace? 
  • can I create an entirely new page and embed it there?
    • can I create a new menu-item under "Reports" to link to a new page that contains the embedded report;
      • or if I cannot create new page to embed, can I link to a workspace containing the report from this menu item?

I have read many articles that refer to this being possible when using D365 data entities as the source, however, no info about embedding reports where the data source is NOT from D365, or where the source is a mix of D365 and another but combined in one PBI.

Could anyone verify if this is possible? And any restrictions or info I should be aware of for this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.