Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sunilkumar
Employee
Employee

Embedded tiles sometimes not rendering - showing blank

We are working on a POC with embed dashboard into website using rest api "https://api.powerbi.com/beta/myorg/dashboards/id/t​iles".

And tried to embed a tile but only tile header is displayed, tile content is not displayed. If I look at the html for the iframe, there also the data is missing!

Does anyone else have the same problem or any solution to it?

- Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
raeldor
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having the same issue with embedding dashboards.  Doesn't seem to be a problem with reports, only dashboards.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sunilkumar,

Is there any error message in your web console? Does Ctrl+F5 work by refreshing the cache?

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

While doing Ctrl + F5 tiles are rendering with values.

There are multiple people using my web page(Embed Dashboard page). For some people tiles are showing blank and they are reporting me a bug.

We can not ask all users to do the Ctrl + F5 right? And there is no console errors on browser.

Thanks,

Sunil Kumar

Hi sunilkumar,

Based on my experience, you could try to reload the content of an iframe by using JavaScript, such as myFrame.contentWindow.location.reload(true); 

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Can I use myFrame.contentWindow.location.reload(true); also?

My tile blanks sometimes and I have to hit F5 to get data into it again...

<iframe width="100%" height="100%"
  src="https://www.relationwise.com/tv2/start.html?token=**********" frameborder="0"
   allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Regards
Jan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.