Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryanlenagh
Frequent Visitor

Embedded reports or dashboards with alerts and notifications

I am an ISV that would like to embed powerbi into my own web application and offer the capability to our customers\users to setup custom alerts.  This is currently the last major roadblock for us to move away from our current vendor and use PowerBI embedded for our application.  Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
derekg1127
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am currently in the same boat as you with this road block. It looks like there are possibly some solutions in azure that would achieve the result but it seems like it will be cumbersome for us to set up and maintain in the long run . Did you ever find something with the embedded api that will allow access to the alerts feature? 

ryanlenagh
Frequent Visitor

I am an ISV that would like to embed powerbi into my own web application and offer the capability to our customers\users to setup custom alerts.  This is currently the last major roadblock for us to move away from our current vendor and use PowerBI embedded for our application.  Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

If you mean the Data Alert under Power BI service, then currently there is no proper way to setup it within Power BI Embedded, based on what I know.

Please consider submit this as an idea under the Power BI Idea forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.