Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sachinkotnala7

Embedded powerbi report- Default layout not working when mobile portrait and landscape is in use.

I am trying to build an application which supports mobile as well as the desktop view of Power BI report. As per my understanding from article Embed a report in mobile layout, by default, report should be in landscape mode. Following the given guidelines, I am able to switch between mobile portrait view and mobile Landscape view in power bi embedded. However, during testing, I noticed that the reports in my application don't have defined mobile layout will throw an error. If Iayouttype in config setting value is 0 or 1 (master or custom), then all my reports will display an output in landscape mode even in mobile view without throwing any error. In another case, if I use layout type value is 2 or 3 (portrait or landscape mode) then mobile layout portrait and landscape features are preserved but throw an error for other reports which are not configured for mobile layout. 

I am using powerbi.js version 2.6 . 

Sample piece of code -

image.png

Error - when layout type is MobilePotrait or landscape but other reports are not optimise for mobile.Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sachinkotnala7,

Seems the error isn't related to the code here. Did you still get the report in default layout? I would suggest you create mobile layout if you want to embed mobile view.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

@v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I have two types of reports in my application, one of the reports type is in default layout and another one is configured in mobile layout. Currently, I can achieve only one functionality at a time. If I set layoutType as default initially then updatesetting is not able to update layout for mobile portrait or landscape mode but I can view both types of the report in the default view.

In other cases, if default layoutType is MobilePotrait or MobileLandscape, then I am able to view only a report configured for mobile layout and error will be generated for rest of the reports which were not configured for mobile layout.
I want to achieve functionality where if any of the reports is not configured for mobile, then I should be able to see default layout. However, if a report is configured for mobile layout, then I should be able to see a mobile portrait or landscape layout depending on device orientation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.