Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded Tile Filter Management

Is there a straightforward way to programmatically filter individual embedded tiles? I'm trying to follow this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile but the syntax including table name and column name doesn't seem to work for me--double checked capitalization etc. against Power BI desktop model view, but there is no change in my embedded tile. I'm even trying to set an initial value and that's not working, is programmatically managing filter state on individual tiles simply forbidden?

some code to illustrate my point--front end:

let filter = {
                        $schema: "http://powerbi.com/product/schema#basic",
                        target: {
                          table: "Data",
                          column: "Company"
                        },
                        values: ["Apple"],
                        filterType: 1, // pbi.models.FilterType.BasicFilter
                        requireSingleSelection: true // Limits selection of values to one.
                    }

const embedConfiguration: IEmbedConfiguration = {
                        type: "tile",
                        tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
                        accessToken,
                        embedUrl,
                        id: tileId,
                        dashboardId: dashboardId,
                        filters: [filter],
                    };

and then using an embed url of

https://app.powerbi.com/embed?dashboardId=myDashboardId&tileId=myTileId&config=myConfig&$filter=Data/Company eq 'Apple'

, and yet I cannot see the effect of either of these efforts. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better option?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

AFAIK, current Power BI JavaScript not supported filtering Dashboards and Tiles.

Did you embed your dashboard into the power apps(Canvas apps) that you can use power app features to do advanced operations with embedded contents? If you change the type part to other supported values, did these function works?

Notice: power apps and power bi apps are different products and host on different platforms.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.