Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wadezone
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Power BI Report - Performance Measures - Capacity - help with unknown expected

I am working on a proposal to manangement to get some tools to test for performance load testing. I am trying to determine what are acceptable values for some of the report elements. I believe I have read every Power BI documentation that is out there, including this page. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/power-bi-optimization.

I can't find any white papers on what other developers have experienced or captured in there testing. I know mine estimate would most likely be different from others but I don't even have a clue on what the typical industry standard would be. Below are the four unknowns that I am trying to plug-in. Any suggestions or sites with real examples would be appreciated? 

Embedded Capacity

• Average report page response time
    • Page completely loaded <10 seconds.
  • Report Interaction
    • DAX Query response time - Undetermined
    • Visual display response time - Undetermined
  • Report MQuery
    • Processor time - Undetermined
    • IO data per second - Undetermined

3 REPLIES 3
wadezone
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the links, but I have already reviewed those. I am putting a proposal together to request some of the Azure tools but I need to provide some kind of metrics for expected threshold or goad for those embedded capacities. I am looking for some kind of standards or results from someone else projects to help me come up with the expected threshold we would like to target. 

Theresa

Hi @wadezone,

AFAIK, current power bi service seems not existed features to accurately trace DAX expressions.
If you are work with a data source that contains trace tools, you can consider tracing these requests on the Datasource side to indirectly check expression performance.

I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to further analyze these expressions on power bi service side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wadezone,

If you want to know more about performance trace, you can take a look at the following documents:

Power BI embedded analytics performance best practices 

Monitor Premium capacities with the app 

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.