Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pritesho
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded Power BI - IE 11 - Access is Denied

I am trying to launch the sample reports using embedded power bi sample to start with.  Reports work fine on Firefox and Chrome, however I get an "Script5: Access is denied" error, while launching any report.

I tried the same with another one of my custom apps and replicating code and I continue to get the error.  It may have something to do with cross domain sites being used in client side script.  Please let me know if you have a way to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
jocaplan-MSFT
Employee
Employee

If you are running this locally can you please try adding local host to your safe sites in IE and see if that solves the problem?

That did not solve the issue.  Currently I reinstalled IE to flush all organization policies.  Yet to figure the root cause.

Hi,

I've got the same problem, I've an embedded report in web app and when I try to browse it by IE 11 I've got Access Denied error and I don't see anything. Using Chrome or Mozilla no problem appears.

It's a security issue of IE which doesn't allow to do cross-domain queries: I've also got the same error including the web site domain name into IE trusted sites and enabling the security option: "start programs and files in a iframe"

Any hints to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Luca

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.