Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Embed report without login/using a SKU

Hi,

I'm stuck. My goal is to securely & without login & with using RLS embed a report in a Wordpress-Site.

Because of "securely & without login & with RLS" I need a PowerBI-Pro-Account and a SKU.

The steps I took so far:

I created & published a report in PowerBI Service in a workspace different from "MyWorkspace"

I created an AzureAD-Tenant.

I registered an App, gave API-Permissions, gave Admin-permission, created a ClientKey.

I gave permission to access this "EmbeddingSetup"-Workspace to my Azure-App.

I downloaded the Sample-App.

I downloaded Visual Studio.

After I entered all the values (IDs, tenant, group, report...) into the json and build it. While some "problems" occur  displaying it on "localhost", building the app itself went fine.

In Azure I created a Power BI Embedded Ressourcegroup, starting the SKU

In Power BI Service I assigned this Ressourcegroup to the EmbeddingSetup"-Workspace.

But which steps do I need to do to display the report without Users needing to login into a PowerBI-Account on a Wordpress-Site?

I tried to use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-power-bi/#installation

Please advice "for a Dummy", e.g. you need to write that into that...install this plugin in Wordpress...

4 REPLIES 4
Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

@yingyinr:

Yes, but "I created & published a report in PowerBI Service in a workspace different from "MyWorkspace""

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tontaube2,

You can refer the following links to get it:

1. Publish to web method (Copy the iframe code and paste it in WordPress website page)

Power BI Embedded with WordPress

Copy iframe code in Power BI ServiceCopy iframe code in Power BI Service

Paste the iframe codes into WordPress website pagePaste the iframe codes into WordPress website page

2. Embed content for customers method (The embed for your customers solution allows you to build an app that uses non-interactive authentication against Power BI. Your customers are likely to be external users, and they don't need to sign in using Power BI credentials to view the embedded content. Typically, this solution is used by independent software vendors (ISVs) who are developing applications for third parties.)

Power BI Embedded for WordPress now available!

Microsoft Power BI Embedded a WordPress Plugin

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you,

It's about "embed for your customers", so they don't have to login into a PowerBI-Account.

I followed: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers?tabs=net-cor...

At step 8/ after step 8 I'm not sure what to do:

1.jpg

After I entered all the values (IDs, tenant, group, report...) into the json and build it. While some "problems" occur displaying it on "localhost" (see screenshots), building the app itself went fine.

2.jpg

These errors appear when displaying on localhost:

3.jpg

Why these errors?

Afterwards I have a notion of "requiring to generate tokens".

When I upload the report to https://playground.powerbi.com/de-de/dev-sandbox, how do I embed it, so that customers can interact on a website with it and don't need to have a Power Bi Account?

I have a SKU, and I've attached the workspace to it.

Hi @Tontaube2 ,

Did you embed Power BI content with Service principal? If yes, you can refer the following links to make troubleshooting and try to resolve the problem.

Embed Power BI content with service principal and an application secret

Embed Power BI Report for Customers using App Own Concept and Service Principal

And according to the notion "requiring to generate tokens", it seems there is one issue in generating token. Please check whether it hit any of following limitations:

Considerations and limitations

yingyinr_0-1645163169264.png

Considerations when generating an embed token

When you use the solution embedded for customers, the customers don't need to sign in using Power BI credentials to view the embedded content.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.