Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vospitannikov
Helper I
Helper I

Embed group report problem

I'm trying to integrate PowerBI report (located in group) into my page using iframe

I've registered AD application

I can query list of reports from the server side

But when I'm trying to use received "embedUrl" value using the same token I'm getting following error message:

"This content is not available.
Learn more about Power BI."

At the same time, if I open list of network requests in chrome DevTools, I can see the one request to some page ending in "modelsAndExploration" which return 401 error: Unauthorized

If I'm trying to open URL received in webUrl, I can successfully see report in PowerBI interface

Any suggestions/ideas?

28 REPLIES 28

@smolina74

Maybe you can try me approach (posted above) - with this i can access any report, regardles of its age.

@Eric_Zhang

At the moment it seams to be that it is only possible to embed dashboard tiles into iframes and not the dashboards itself.

There is a highly rated ticket regarding this issue - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/268152-developer-apis/suggestions/8528704-allow-powerbi-dashboards-...

Do you know when is this going to be integrated ? Do you know other ways to embed dashboards that are working today?

@Eric_Zhang

Which tutorial did you follow ?

same issue happened to me. 

When trying to access to reports in groups that were created in the last few days we cannot do it. We're getting the same 401 error. Now, if we try to access to reports in groups that were created say 3 months ago, we have no issue.

Another thing to mention. If you login to Power BI portal with the same account you're using for accessing the reports and then try your application (in the same browser instance) you will be able to access to those reports.

It seems like extra cookies saved during the login to the Power BI portal are helpful in these cases. So, the problem is not is not the access token itself.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@vospitannikov

How did you embed the report, did you follow this sample Integrate a report into an app?

Also please ensure the token is not expired, did you try to get a new token and embed?

@Eric_Zhang wrote:

@vospitannikov

How did you embed the report, did you follow this sample Integrate a report into an app?

Also please ensure the token is not expired, did you try to get a new token and embed?

@supermulder

@vospitannikov has confirmed that he followed this link.

@Eric_Zhang, I've integrated default report (not group one) and it works fine

Only groups reports cause mentioned above error

@Eric_Zhang, yes, I followed exactly these instructions

and I'm pretty sure that token is valid - I can get the list of reports using GET request (https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{someGroupId}/reports)

The only one difference between example and my code - that I'm trying to integrate group report, not default one

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.