Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LawrenceDwight
Frequent Visitor

Embed for AAD B2B users

I wanted to check if a guest user (via AAD B2B) which either has a Power BI Pro license of its own or is assigned one by the tenant can access reports which have been embedded in a custom application which would use the JavaScript API for contextual filtering?

We want to avoid using Premium or Azure dedicated capacity at this stage and I thought we would be fine as long as users had a Pro license, but I've been told conflicting information recently. The Embed a report in a secure portal or website solution doesn't appear to support AAD B2B users at this stage, so that got me even more worried.

We use a multi-tenant model and having to get dedicated Azure capacity would be slightly difficut right now...

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Would the AAD UserType also have an impact? I.e. Member (but homed in an external directory) versus Guest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceDwight
Frequent Visitor

It seems from testing that it doesn't work for guest accounts. Seems it cannot find the workspace, which makes sense given it belongs to another tenant. Would be great if AAD B2B guests or members homed in another directory were supported.

If anyone thinks this scenario should work then please let me know! Thanks

Edit: Managed to get it working. You have to ensure the workspace in which the report is located is also shared!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thomasb
Regular Visitor

Hi @LawrenceDwight 

Looks like I'm having the same problem, but unfortunately sharing the workspace doesn't solve the problem. Do you have any further advise?

Thanks,

Thomas

LawrenceDwight
Frequent Visitor

It seems from testing that it doesn't work for guest accounts. Seems it cannot find the workspace, which makes sense given it belongs to another tenant. Would be great if AAD B2B guests or members homed in another directory were supported.

If anyone thinks this scenario should work then please let me know! Thanks

Edit: Managed to get it working. You have to ensure the workspace in which the report is located is also shared!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors