Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abax
Frequent Visitor

Embed a report in a secure portal or website ask for sing in

Hi,

I use embed link for publishing report on secure website for presentation on tv. It worked very well, but now embed report start to ask for sing in, although the Tv already has credential token. I tried it on my pc. I'm loged in power bi portal, but when i copy embed link in web browser it ask for sing in. 

According to MS site (Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn)  it should not happen, when browser is already signed in. 

Any advise?

Best regards

Abax

5 REPLIES 5
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Although I'm late answering this, maybe these few tips will help:

If you don't need to rotate through tabs or make "slideshows", you could just try setting Automatic Page Refresh on your Power BI report and open up a Chrome tab to thier URLs on the TVs. If you have Power BI Pro, you can only get a refresh every 30 minutes, and it only works for Direct Query datasets, not Import Mode datasets.

If you have a Streaming Dataset, you can get Power BI to autocreate a dashboard for you that will update by itself.

If you have a Live Connection dataset, I believe the visuals will update by themselves.

There is also the Window 10 Power BI app in the Microsoft Store. It's ok, but I find it to be extremely limited in what it can do.

If you need something more advanced than that, I've built a custom Power BI app to help people build "slideshows" from their reports and dashboards and display them on TVs. It's called Displagent, check it out if interested.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Consider using a dashboard instead, or the Power BI Windows application in slideshow mode.

Abax
Frequent Visitor

It soppose to show fresh data in production on wall lg tv. Full screen and some sort of autorefresh. 

Autorefresh on dashboard mean buy premium?
Slideshow mode on windows power Bi mean buy computer behind every TV in production? 

I think that is correct. You may be able to get by when you use a PPU license (Premium Per User)  but I have no experience with that.

Abax
Frequent Visitor

I must admit, that your advice is solution. But I realy hesitate to tag it, because go with this to your boss and say, that something, that works perfectly and for free, need to be replace for 30 computers or premium accounts, doesnt sound right to me.
Is there way, how to prolong or refresh acces token for reports embed in iframe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.