Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cgrier

Embed Tableau Dashboards into tiles

Is there a way to embed a Tableau Dashboard in a tile in my Power BI Dashboard? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sweet - heres a link to the pbiviz file

To use it, just create a measure that evaluates to a tableau public dashboard src url string.  (ex: http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/champions/champions?:embed=y&:from_wg=true)

The visual will be blank in PBI Desktop - but as soon as you view it online and click "enable custom visuals" it should display just fine.  

Tableau Dashboard Tile.PNG

Alex Potter
Lead Visualization Engineer
Luxoft Inc.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fld
Frequent Visitor

@alex-potter the pbiviz file will not open for me using PBI Version: 2.93.641.0 64-bit (May 2021).
and is there an iFrame code that you can share?  

labry

I don't think this solution works with the latest version of PowerBI.

alex-potter
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I have embedded a tableau dashboard in a report by using a custom visual that serves up an iframe.  Now that PBI allows custom visuals in tiles, it should work that way. 

Should I post the iframe custom viz?

Alex

Alex Potter
Luxoft Inc.

That is exactly what I am looking for.  Yes please.

Thanks!!!

Chris

Sweet - heres a link to the pbiviz file

To use it, just create a measure that evaluates to a tableau public dashboard src url string.  (ex: http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/champions/champions?:embed=y&:from_wg=true)

The visual will be blank in PBI Desktop - but as soon as you view it online and click "enable custom visuals" it should display just fine.  

Tableau Dashboard Tile.PNG

Alex Potter
Luxoft Inc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not working. Can anyone please let me know any alternative way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Jyoti Sankar

Can't tell if this is a sly way of saying that Power BI is consuming Tableau... or if serious.

There is obviously no direct way the two would work together, however, since you can direct any tile to point to a custom URL path... I don't know how Tableau shakes out for external use, but presumably if it is exposed via a URL, you could redirect to that web page, thus creating the illusion that Tableau is connected to the tile... (In theory)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Agree with @Seth_C_Bauer

OR, if you have sharepoint, you may also be able to display the tableau component within a sharepoint app.

I am assuming you are transitioning to Power BI, but are looking for an interim solution. Good choice ! It's taken me a while to prove to various departments in my company that Tableau is not flexible or scalable.

Cheers,
Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors