Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Holguinmora
Helper I
Helper I

Embed Power Bi Report in WordPress

Hi to all!!!

I will like to know if someona has been able to embed a report into wordpress or into one of the wordpress plugins?

I been trying with the Elementor HTML widget  with no results https://docs.elementor.com/article/294-html

The next step is tring to do so with Power Bi Embeded by Atlas - 

https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-power-bi/.

But any advice, example or help will be more than apreciate

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Payal,

Can you share a guide for this?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Holguinmora ,

Nope, current you can't use HTML element to achieve your requirement. Power bi embed contents have specific iframe tag and you can't do custom with it.  AFAIK, the common method is using plugin that you mentioned above.
If you mean embed power bi report which shares with 'publish to web' feature, it is possible.  You can directly copy the generated URL and paste into WordPress iframe.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Is this for a WordPress.com blog? It seems not with installation of the iFrame plug-in but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Can someone please clarify? I didn't think WordPress.com blogs could enable JavaScript which is what allows for the interaction with the reports.

The odd thing is I can use the block editor, embed it using the Custom HTML block, put in the iFrame code, see the preview to be exactly what I hope it to be, but nothing comes out upon publication, or even preview. Am I missing something given this is also how it was shown in the EdX course by Davidson College, with no problems?

Thank you.

Minh

Hi @DashboardDude 

So what exactly are you asking? Can you embed a PBI dashboard in Wordpress?  Yes you can if it's your own install or Wordpress on your own server.  Can't speak for Wordpress.com,I know they restrict a lot of things.

Regards

Phil

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.
If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

I was asking about WordPress.com that's on WordPress' servers, to see if PBI could be put on it and it doesn't seem like so the more I research. Thanks.

Minh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.