Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Email Subscription access via Admin API December 21 Updates (doesn't show subscriptions via apps)

I have a bit of a problem with Email Subscription access via Admin API

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyAmYqTRCLY

There are three APIs that allow you to check subscriptions. However, all our viewers only access reporting via apps that have been set up for them. So when they subscribe they subscribe via the apps.

Currently all these APIs seem to do is show information when you subscribe to the actual content within the workspace. Any subscriptions via the app dont show so this is a bit pointless.

We have tested this and it appears to be the case. So the question is, will these APIs also include Subscriptions via apps, which I believe is how we should be giving content to the users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

Is your problem that three Rest APIs for subscription will only show information for the dashboards or reports in workspace and will show nothing for the dashboards or reports in App?

Rest API:

Admin – Dashboards GetDashboardSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Micro...

Admin – Reports GetReportSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft D...

Admin – Users GetUserSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

I have a test by Report GetReportSubscriptionAsAdmin, I could reproduce your problem. If I use the Report ID from Power BI App, API will return nothing.

1.png

Currently, the best workaround should be that your end users can subscribe the reports from workspace directly.

I think you can submit your feedback to the  feature summary, Power BI Team will collect the feedbacks and fix it in next version.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

Is your problem that three Rest APIs for subscription will only show information for the dashboards or reports in workspace and will show nothing for the dashboards or reports in App?

Rest API:

Admin – Dashboards GetDashboardSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Micro...

Admin – Reports GetReportSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft D...

Admin – Users GetUserSubscriptionsAsAdmin – REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

I have a test by Report GetReportSubscriptionAsAdmin, I could reproduce your problem. If I use the Report ID from Power BI App, API will return nothing.

1.png

Currently, the best workaround should be that your end users can subscribe the reports from workspace directly.

I think you can submit your feedback to the  feature summary, Power BI Team will collect the feedbacks and fix it in next version.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.