Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nuemio
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically Add or Remove Measures from Visual - multidimensional cube

Hi there,

I would like to include the ability for users to select which measure they want a line graph to show.

ie: I have a line graph with 3 measures (Sales Cost, Product Cost, Order Cost) and lets say the user just wants to see the order cost and product cost over a period of 6 months, they would select those 2 measures from a slicer and 2 lines on the graph should appear.

I have seen this been done in DAX using a combination of a measure table and dax functions (the BI Elite Youtube Channel has a good walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIGGrrnMIgk), however my report is connecting to a multi-dimensional SSAS cube via LiveConnection therefore I dont have the ability to input DAX here. 

Has anyone been able to replicate the measure slicer logic explained above for a Power BI report hooked up to a multi-dimensional cube?

Thanks,

Nuemio

3 REPLIES 3
Lethabo5
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Were you able to get a solution for this? Facing the same issue.

You can do that with dynamic measure swaps but you cannot change the number of displayed measures.  Ie you cannot have two lines for one set of measures and three lines for another set of measures. (assuming each measure is its own line, not talking about legends here)

Thank you! I will try this

How do I do dynamic measure swaps when my data source is a cube? I searched for dynamic measure swaps and it seems I need to create that will contain values to show in the slicer but my data connection will not allow me to create a table such as this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.