Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic values must be passed

Hi All,

My Source: Excel file

Requirement: need to pass the value dynamically for different things

I have some values that i am showing in cards. For example consider some VMs Registration state and unregistered state. When any values are showing in the unregistered state, i should be able to make the necessary changes in the portal to find the issue and make it to Registered State. I am showing the URL beside the VM Name which is created as a seperate column. Till here it was fine.

Now the tricky part is like Unregistered state we have similar kind of things like power off, maintenance on.. etc, each of them are having different parameters. I need to pass each parameter to the respective thing, that is there is a paramenter of Power Off, and there is another paramter for maintenance on. I need to pass it with the URL and enable the action in power bi itself, so that they will not be need of redirecting to the respective portal and make the necessary changes for the respective VMs/Systems.

Final thing i need is, pass the respective parameter to the respective URL and this thing must be done in power bi itself with a single click, so that the issue solved there itself. 

Kindly help to sort out my requirement.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919,

Nope, power bi is a reporting tool and it does not include writeback features to send the request back to the URL. I'd like to suggest you use powerapps to create an app for these writeback operations and integrate them with powerapp visuals.

Power Apps - Power BI Better together - Write Back... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919,

Nope, power bi is a reporting tool and it does not include writeback features to send the request back to the URL. I'd like to suggest you use powerapps to create an app for these writeback operations and integrate them with powerapp visuals.

Power Apps - Power BI Better together - Write Back... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.