Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomdenby
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Format settings

I have created a visual and added my format settings that are required. 

what would be good if i could make the settings have the ability to be dynamic, does anyone know if this si possible?

i see some of the out of the box visuals do have the abbility for dynamic formating settings 

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @tomdenby,

Did you mean to add conditional formatting support on your custom visuals? If that is the case, you can take a look at the following official document about enabled conditional formatting:

Conditional formatting in Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi This looks like what im after i will give it ago and if i get the expected result will acept the answer

Hi @tomdenby,

Did the above suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or accept the helpful suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If the above also doesn't help, please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft , the link looks like what im after however i cant get it to worrk. do you know of any video demos / Tutorials so i can see where it is added in each file etc.. 

Hi @tomdenby,

For detailed information and sample codes, you can check the following link about 'data view utils', it share more detailed code about these elements and corresponding function usages.

Introduction to use Data view utils in Power BI visual - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Offical custom visual sample:

Bar Chart Custom Visual for tutorial. 

In addition, if you are totally a beginner about custom visual development and typescript, I'd like to suggest checking the 'how to' links first:

Build a bar chart visual in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

TypeScript: Handbook - The TypeScript Handbook (typescriptlang.org)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.