Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lawrenceabith
Helper IV
Helper IV

Drill Through with just one click directly in the chart

Hi Ted Pattison! I was in a Deep Dive into the Power BI JavaScript API event.

Follow my problem:

I need a Drill Through with just one click directly in the chart on my app with my own data. Activate a button after the click is not an option for me. Can I deal with events with power bi embedded using Power BI JavaScript API?

I would like to click in a bar char and go directly to the detais page without click in a button.

I would like a visual custom command without a menu. That's it.

Many thanks,

Lawrence

lawrence@lawrence.eti.br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can respond to someone clicking on a bar of a barchart using the Power BI JavaScript API. Add an event handler for the dataSelected event. When it fires, you should be able to use the event argument object passed to the handler to see the dataPoint which contains the data for the bar that was clicked. The data for the dataSelected event will contains a dataPoint object with an Identity value (e.g State="WA" or Region="Eastern Region". You can use that identity value to filter the drill-through page using the page.setFilter and then call page.setActive to move the user to the drill-through page.

Does this give you the support you are looking for? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can respond to someone clicking on a bar of a barchart using the Power BI JavaScript API. Add an event handler for the dataSelected event. When it fires, you should be able to use the event argument object passed to the handler to see the dataPoint which contains the data for the bar that was clicked. The data for the dataSelected event will contains a dataPoint object with an Identity value (e.g State="WA" or Region="Eastern Region". You can use that identity value to filter the drill-through page using the page.setFilter and then call page.setActive to move the user to the drill-through page.

Does this give you the support you are looking for? 

Hi @TedPattison 

I think that you give me us a clue. I´ll study and try to create this ideia and when is done I´m back to you.

Many thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.