cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
residentx Member

Drill-Down for Maps?

I talked to the Bing Maps about PowerBI and they referred me back to this group.

Is there a way to do drill-downs for maps?

Is there a way for me to do click/zoom through on maps in this order: Country, State, County, City, Zipcode(s), Location/address?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Drill-Down for Maps?

Yes, use a filled map and then turn on drill down, it is the little down arrow in the upper right of the visualization.

You want to make sure all of your columns have the right Data Categorization, they should all show up with little globes next to them, then place them, in order into the Location field of the filled map visualization.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

residentx Member

Thanks Smoupre, I'll build the spreadsheet later this morning. I'll post my results later today.  

greggyb New Contributor
New Contributor

Just a note. The filled map will not support an address / specific location. These data types represent a point on a map. You cannot fill a point. The drill down hierarchy for a filled map ends at Postal Code data category.

A regular map (plots pies in the center of the location identified, not a filled region) can go down to point locations.

residentx Member

Greggb, thanks for the comment. I'll sort it out later today. I've been on calls all day. I won't work on this till later today.