Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Let
Frequent Visitor

Do the charts generated by Power BI handle custom interactions

Hello,

I need to know if the charts generated by Power BI can handle custom interactions.

My setup is the following:

• My first tile is a bar chart
  • My second tile is simple list (with 5 columns)

Here is what I want to achieve:

1. I click on a bar of the bar chart (1st tile)
  2. I run a new REST query
  3. The result of that query will be displayed in the list (2nd tile) by replacing the existing content

This is basically what we've done using JavaScript (NVD3) so I need to know if I can reproduce these 3 steps in PowerBI.

Is that possible? Thank you 🙂

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, I found the solution.. I was just unfamiliar with the Power BI approach.

My solution is to load all possible values in the list.

Then, after setting up some relationships, clicks (filter) on the bar chart will filter the table.

Then I had a problem of how to get the latest data (instead of loading all in one shot). The solution was to schedule Data refresh.

The only cons is I have to load all possible values at the beginning (which in my is totally useless), but Power BI seems to handle it well in terms of performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Let,

As far as I know, it can only cross-filter and cross-highlight the other visualizations on the page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Well, I found the solution.. I was just unfamiliar with the Power BI approach.

My solution is to load all possible values in the list.

Then, after setting up some relationships, clicks (filter) on the bar chart will filter the table.

Then I had a problem of how to get the latest data (instead of loading all in one shot). The solution was to schedule Data refresh.

The only cons is I have to load all possible values at the beginning (which in my is totally useless), but Power BI seems to handle it well in terms of performance.

@Let,

To help close this thread, you may accept the solution above. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Let
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I need to know if the charts generated by Power BI can handle custom interactions.

My setup is the following:

• My first tile is a bar chart
  • My second tile is simple list (with 5 columns)

Here is what I want to achieve:

1. I click on a bar of the bar chart (1st tile)
  2. I run a new REST query
  3. The result of that query will be displayed in the list (2nd tile) by replacing the existing content

This is basically what we've done using JavaScript (NVD3) so I need to know if I can reproduce these 3 steps in PowerBI.

Is that possible? Thank you 🙂

Laurent

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.