Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SeSPowerBi
Frequent Visitor

DmtsDataSource: DiscoverMonikers did not return an access token for DataSource

Hello all,

Our current solution embeds Powerbi reports in the app. The reports and dashboards work but the paginated reports are creating an error. The application uses App Owns Data, Service Principal method for Power BI. The registered Power BI App is an admin of the workspace in the Power BI Service. 

I confirm that the report id given is accessible within the given workspace. Then, I provide the generateTokenRequestParameters as new GenerateTokenRequest(accessLevel: "view") since there is no RLS being applied. The tokenResponse is then generated using that generateTokenRequestParameters and the confirmed report and workspace id's. That confirmed report is then used for the embed url. The paginated report does exist and is published in the Power BI Service. 

Why is this error occurring?

@PowerBI@paginated @rdl

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SeSPowerBi ,

Embed paginated reports in your Power BI embedded analytics application for your customers - Power B...

Embed Power BI paginated reports in your Power BI embedded analytics application - Power BI | Micros...

Did you refer to these two documents?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lionel-msft Thank you for your reply.

I have checked these resources and made sure that these steps were followed.

Our reports and dashboards are working with Power BI so I do not think that this error pertains to setup.

It is only the paginated reports that are producing this error and not embedding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing this same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.