Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msalari
Frequent Visitor

Divide sales revenue of one product on three other products based on portion of each of three

Hi,

I have 6 products, and want to asigne reveneu of one of them (product A) to three others(Product B, C, D). The asignment should be based on portion of reveneu of each of the three products. Meaning if 30% of total reveneu of B, C, D is for B, so 30% of total reveneu of A should be asigned to B.

And there is one table which include all transactions with amount and product names.

What I did, calculating a masure as:

Ratio_for_Devide = 1+(CALCULATE(sum(Table[Normalized CAD]),ALLSELECTED(Table),Table[VP Product] = "A")/(CALCULATE(sum(Table[Normalized CAD]),ALLSELECTED(Table),Table[VP Product]= "B")+CALCULATE(sum(Table[Normalized CAD]),ALLSELECTED(Table),Table[VP Product] = "C")+CALCULATE(sum(Table[Normalized CAD]),ALLSELECTED(Table),Table[VP Product] = "D")))

Then I multipl this ration in all lines in the table in a new column as:

Product CAD = if(Table[VP Product]="B",(Table[Normalized CAD]*[Ratio_for_Devide]),if(Table[VP Product]="C", (Table[Normalized CAD]*[Ratio_for_Devide]),if(Table[VP Product]="D", (Table[Normalized CAD]*[Ratio_for_Devide]),if(Table[VP Product]="A",0,Table[Normalized CAD]))))

Now, the value of the ratio is correct but when line by line it is multipe to amount, it is less than actual ratio?

How can I fix it?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@msalari

Your requirement is not clear for me, would you mind posting some sample data and expected output?

Or even better you could upload the pbix file to any web storage, such as Onedrive, Dropbox and share a link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors