Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NightStalker
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Max value of every 8 hours

I'm using custom Streaming Data. I use an ESP32 to push the real-time weight value of a sensor to Power BI API. However, I need a table displaying the weight max value of every 8 hours. My date column has date and time combined. 

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NightStalker
Frequent Visitor

I managed to do all of it. for the Peak, I used this Measure 

ShiftPeak = CALCULATE(MAX(RealTimeData[Weight]), TOPN(1, RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], ASC, RealTimeData[Shift], ASC))  . However, I did a bit of manipulation from the ESP, so I push a DateShift (which is basically just a number value) and three shifts that already got determined by the ESP. Everything will be displayed fine as long as you don't choose Date (The Value that has DateTime. Note this is for API streaming dataset). The other problem that I was struggling with is to calculate the sum of the shift peaks, which miraculously worked with this measure 
Shiftsum = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], RealTimeData[Shift], "Peaks", MAX(RealTimeData[Weight])),[ShiftPeak])  .
If you want to associate every ShiftPeak to which time it's occurred, I used another measure which is 
PeakDate = CALCULATE(MAX(RealTimeData[Date]), TOPN(1, RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], ASC, RealTimeData[Shift], ASC, RealTimeData[Weight])) & " "  . (if you remove " ") the time won't be displayed for some reason, but the date will. 
I'm sorry for the late reply cause I managed to do it way back. I'm just on a tight schedule to make a report about this project that I was working on. I hope this is very much helpful. powerbi.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NightStalker
Frequent Visitor

I managed to do all of it. for the Peak, I used this Measure 

ShiftPeak = CALCULATE(MAX(RealTimeData[Weight]), TOPN(1, RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], ASC, RealTimeData[Shift], ASC))  . However, I did a bit of manipulation from the ESP, so I push a DateShift (which is basically just a number value) and three shifts that already got determined by the ESP. Everything will be displayed fine as long as you don't choose Date (The Value that has DateTime. Note this is for API streaming dataset). The other problem that I was struggling with is to calculate the sum of the shift peaks, which miraculously worked with this measure 
Shiftsum = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], RealTimeData[Shift], "Peaks", MAX(RealTimeData[Weight])),[ShiftPeak])  .
If you want to associate every ShiftPeak to which time it's occurred, I used another measure which is 
PeakDate = CALCULATE(MAX(RealTimeData[Date]), TOPN(1, RealTimeData, RealTimeData[DateShift], ASC, RealTimeData[Shift], ASC, RealTimeData[Weight])) & " "  . (if you remove " ") the time won't be displayed for some reason, but the date will. 
I'm sorry for the late reply cause I managed to do it way back. I'm just on a tight schedule to make a report about this project that I was working on. I hope this is very much helpful. powerbi.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NightStalker,

I'd like to suggest you add an additional column into the push data step to extract and group hour values of your records. Then you can use this as a category in your chart to summarize your records with aggerate mode 'max'.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hey thanks for the reply! I managed to push a fixed date and the shift from the ESP; However, the Earlier DAX don't work in real Time Data :S. It would've made everything easy. any suggestions.

Capture3.PNG

I managed to do it; however, I can't assign the date to it, as it shows all the values. I pushed DateShift which is a unique value for every day as it contains the 3 shifts during one day, and every shift is an 8-hour interval. Funny enough, I have no idea how I can calculate the sum of the ShiftPeak.

Hi @NightStalker,

>>Funny enough, I have no idea how I can calculate the sum of the ShiftPeak.

You can create a table visual with raw category fields and shiftpeak as category(click on them to choose 'do not summarize'), then you can add date field to this visual and choose aggerated mode 'max'/'last'.

In addition, can you please provide some dummy data to test? (keep raw table scheal and remove sensitive data fields)
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Here you go. I can't share PBIX, as it's connected to real-time Data... CSV FILE 

Hi @NightStalker,

You can take a look at the following steps if helps:

1. Create a calculated field based on 'hourshift' to group these records.

Shift Group = 
VAR offset =
    INT ( HOUR ( [HourShift] ) / 8 )
RETURN
    offset
        + IF ( DATEDIFF ( TIME ( 8 * offset, 0, 0 ), [HourShift], SECOND ) > 0, 1, 0 )

2. Create a table visual with category fields and choose the summary mode of value fields to max.

12.png

Notice: other fields are setting to 'do not summarize'.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.