Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fdelpre
Regular Visitor

Display a chart showing 2 different dates on one axis

Hi, I'm new to Power BI. Can you help me understand how to make a chart containing 2 different dates on one axis (for example y axis) and the supplier on the other (for example x axis)?

The aim is to insert 2 data tables: 1 for the declared dates, 1 for the actual delivery dates. So you can quickly see the suppliers who have not met the delivery date.

Do you think it makes sense? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Add a calendar dimension table to your data model 

Make a connection from the calendar to the declared date fact table and to the effective date fact table 

Use the calendar date as the x axis 

Add your values to the y axis.

Your sample data is unsuitable for representation in a line chart.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can have multiple Y axis series, but it's not clear how you would want to visualize this.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. Please show the expected outcome.

Thanks for the reply, I try to explain better.

I have these two tables which contain three columns: increasing number, product, declared date / effective date. So the two tables differ only for the third column (declared date / effective date).

fdelpre_0-1638100663273.png

I would like to make a chart like this:

fdelpre_1-1638100783910.png

where on the x axis there is the date and on the y axis there is the product. I would obtaine two line: the line obtanied by crossing the product and the declared date and the line obtanied by crossing the product and the effective data, on this graph.

Add a calendar dimension table to your data model 

Make a connection from the calendar to the declared date fact table and to the effective date fact table 

Use the calendar date as the x axis 

Add your values to the y axis.

Your sample data is unsuitable for representation in a line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.