Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Laith
Frequent Visitor

Disbale Power BI Server Authentication

Hello ,

Is there a way of work around to disable the windows authentication from the power bi server ? I dont want it at all, it is annoying sicnce my powerbi reports are hosted on a different website, so users have to enter website password then the power bi windows authentication popup ! no need for this at all.

I tried the custom secuirty .NET project, but that didnt work or not what i need, i just need to disable it somehow from the config files of the powerbi server.

Isn't there an .SDK ? By the way the the report server is installed locally in my organization no Azure interaction please !

What the dll files can help inside C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\PowerBI.
I just want to customize the login !! I want to publish a report with no authentication !!!

I am a .net developer and there is no direct libraries that i can work , no straight documentation, even the custom security sample on Github doesnt help with Power BI only for reporting services SRS?

Why the REST API only deal with Azure and not local "Report Power BI Server" , this is a huge issue !!
Some organization have a confedenital data and they dont prefer to put it on Microsoft cloud !

i recommend having reports published with our own security customization from local the power bi server!

Since 2017 till this end year 2018 waiting for any change , but no LUCK.

I have been trying to find dlls C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\PowerBI to work around , then i realized why i should go for this.

It is annoying for clients go to a website that pops up a login screen then the iframe report of power bi pops up NTLM .. it is annoying !!

PowerBI is a great tool but for Customizing security on Local PBI Server is sooo poor.

Developers Please HELP !!

Much Appreciated,
Laith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Laith
Frequent Visitor

Hello Guys,

I resolved the issue myself. 
Thank you for your response. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Laith
Frequent Visitor

Hello Guys,

I resolved the issue myself. 
Thank you for your response. 🙂

Hello,

I have the same concern, how did you solve the problem?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors