Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shilpib
Helper I
Helper I

Dial Gauge

Hi

I am using Dial Guage and the pointer value is 3.96 but in visual its appearing as 3.96999997 . Is it a bug or some settings required to be fixed?

Can someone help me.

Regards

Shilpidecimal.png

18 REPLIES 18
amalinaf

I having the same problem, is there any solution yet?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dial Gauge has been published at AppSource.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

radhikabedi
Frequent Visitor

Can you share how you got the color formatting. I have been trying to set values as measures but not being able to get the Green - Yellow - Red in that order

Thanks in advance

The Dial Gauge can show "red" defined by "Actual Start" and "Actual End", "yellow" defined by "Target Start" and "Target End", and "green" defined by the rest of the range out of "Min" and "Max". The cell naming is very confusing. I would recommend replacing "Actual" with "Red", and "Target" with "Yellow".

As to the display data format, yes it is correct that the Dial Gauge does not repect Power BI numerical format at all. Hope the author will get it fixed soon.

radhikabedi
Frequent Visitor

Can you share how you got the color formatting. I have been trying to set values as measures but not being able to get the Green - Yellow - Red in that order

Thanks in advance

Hi

Check the above mentioned post which has an example file. Try to use it the same way.

Regards

Shilpi

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Try going into your model and editing the number of decimal places for your column or measure to 2 decimal places. If that does not help, it is likely a "bug" with the custom visual not respecting format settings.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I have set it to 2 decimal places but still it shows so many decimals . and today the data has changed so its hsowig correct figures. looks like a bug .Any idea how can we fix it?

Hi @shilpib,

Based on my test in Power BI Desktop version 2.40.4554.463 about the DialGuage sample, the Decimal Places settings for the field which place in Point Value property will not reflect the displayed value in the DialGuage visual. The point value display as two decimals always.

q2.PNG

I found the latest DialGuage version is updated on 10/5/2016, which should be updated again to adapt to the desktop changes. For this issue, I would suggest you contact the author of DialGuage visual by send the email to lshetty@cloudfronts.com.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem is when value is 7,9 or 7,90 then it appears wrongly.

Hi @shilpib,

Based on my test in latest Power BI desktop version 2.41.4581.361, Pointer Value 7 can display fine in DialGuage, but it ignore the decimal settings. You can see:

q7.PNG

I would suggest you contact the author of this custom visual for help.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can't find that custom visualization, please help me!

I actually use that visualization, but it is not what I was looking for. I am talking about Dial Gauge, like the pictures above.

I havent found the .exe file yet, even in Microsoft Store....

Please, I really need that visualization.

give me your emailid i can mail you .

Thanks a lot!, me email id is edinsinmz@gmail.com.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Author of the visual didn't resolve a few issues. This is why the visual isn't available at Office Store.

Please send a email to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com if you need a package.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I can't find that custom visualization, please help me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.