Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Blaenzo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Determine which conditions are met in capabilities.json and read values by datarole name

Hi,

Assume I have the following two conditions specified in capabilities.json below.

1. What is the proper way to determine which of the two conditions is satisfied (or none)?
  2. Is there a way to retrieve the values of a field (from options.dataView) by its data role name rather than by an index?
"conditions": [
	{
		"ltd": {
			"min": 1,
			"max": 1
		},
		"lng": {
		},
		"zip": {
			"max":0
		}
	}
]

and

"conditions": [
	{
		"ltd": {
			"max": 0
		},
		"lng": {
			"max": 0
		},
		"zip": {
		}
	}
]

Thanks,

Martijn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Blaenzo - for question #2, we had a similar post the other day - does this response cover-off your question? If not, let me know and I'll see if I can help fill in any gaps.

Good luck,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Blaenzo - for question #2, we had a similar post the other day - does this response cover-off your question? If not, let me know and I'll see if I can help fill in any gaps.

Good luck,

Daniel

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi @dm-p ,

Yes, that worked. Thanks very much.

The filter statement also works nicely with data roles that accept multiple fields as it returns an array of all fields.

From here you can indeed work out which conditions have been met.

Thanks,

Martijn

The code linked in the previous answer also shows my approach to 'testing' for conditions once I get the column metadata, which may help with solving question #1 - if you have multiple conditions, then you can create flags to indicate suitable scenarios and perhaps branch on those using a switch statement or simialr, depending on the complexity of your view model.

If you need further advice, let me know and I'll try and mock something up when I get back into the office next week. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.