Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raghu

Designer in web page

Hi,

In web version of Power BI, we are not able to create new Report by connecting to on-premises SQL Server database (also it does not have query editor),So we have a requirement of displaying Power BI desktop on asp.net page of a web application.

Is there any way of doing it.

Regards,

Raghu

2 REPLIES 2

@raghu There are two ways you can get Power BI info into a web page.

The first is to create your solution in a desktop file in order to edit the query, etc. Then publish to the Service. From the Service you can go to the report and "Publish to Web" under "File" (this is in preview though, and be aware that you are making your data public)

The second option is the new "Power BI Embedded" feature that was just announced at the /BUILD conference. I'm not 100% familiar with this, but it appears to start by using the desktop and utilizing that desktop file in your application.

This post is the best explanation I've seen.

Hope that answers your Q.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Eno Thanks for your suggestion, i guess my question was not clear. My requirement is to provide user to design reports in Power BI from our web application. So i need to invoke Power BI Desktop inside asp.net page. If this is not possible then is there any other option to display designer within an asp.net form with all features like Advanced Query editor available. 

Thanks in advance

Raghu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors