Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deploy Power BI PBIX file using Azure DevOps

Does anyone know if it's possible to use Azure DevOps to publish/deploy a Power BI report (i.e. a .PBIX file) to powerbi.com via Azure DevOps?

I have a PBIX file in a Git repository and wish to be able to deploy/publish that PBIX file to a specific workspace that I have access to on powerbi.com via an Azure DevOps release pipeline.

I'm aware of an Azure DevOps plugin called "Power BI Actions" (See: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=maikvandergaag.maikvandergaag-power-bi-actions) which would seem to fit the bill, however, this plugin is requesting very coarse grained permissions on the Azure Subscription that we use and our organisation is understandably relunctant to grant such overarching (and seemingly uneccessary) permissions.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to publish/deploy a PBIX file to a powerbi.com workspace using Azure DevOps?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is too late to reply. Anyway if you still didn't find any solution. Please refer to this link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/PowerBI-CICD-using-Azure-DevOps/ba-p/769244

Thanks,

PrasanthKumar Chavana

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here - anyone got any suggestions? In the meantime I'll raise it as an Idea on the forum thingy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.