Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nekkar

Dax data type identyfication, data type format change

Hi All,

1) is there any dax function which would help me identify data type of a data in column?

Eg. CheckDataType( 'Data'[Date])

2) I would like to convert values in 2 columns in two tables to create relationship between 2 tables (I can use Dax only 🙂

I've already gave it a solid try with no success so any idea is welcome.

I would be thrilled to see sth like cast in SQL.

Nekkar_0-1632829698057.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Nekkar ,

In that case this should work, create a new column:

NewDate = DATE(RIGHT(Sales[SDate],4),MID(Sales[SDate],4,2),LEFT(Sales[SDate],2))

Jori

If I answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nekkar

Yes, I really do. I do not have access to options you show. I cannot change anything.

And I would like to use columns from the example to create a relationship so I need to have them as the same data type.

Hi @Nekkar ,

In that case this should work, create a new column:

NewDate = DATE(RIGHT(Sales[SDate],4),MID(Sales[SDate],4,2),LEFT(Sales[SDate],2))

Jori

If I answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other members find it more quickly.

unfortunately it doesn't work.

jppv20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Nekkar ,

Do you really need this to work using DAX? Otherwise when you select a Column and go to Column tools you can see & edit the Data type here:

jppv20_0-1632831366494.png

Jori

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.