Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Slider as per Project Start Date

Thank you for the forum. I have a question.
I have 2 tables. One is the date table and the second table is the project table. In project table (ID, project name, start date, end date).
The relationship is one -many (Bi-directional), From date table to project table. 

When the user selects any project from the project selection slicer then automatically date slicer will set as per the project start date. 

sadya_0-1612115403439.png

sadya_1-1612115483913.png

Please! can someone help me with this query. Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maintain both filtering relationship and open editing interaction, so that the two slicers interact with each other.

V-lianl-msft_0-1612338382888.png

But this only shows the date of the corresponding line, which is the single start date..

According to my attempt, the range of slicer cannot be changed dynamically based on another related table slicer.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. If I use the Edit interaction option it shows the project start date but disabled the slider. Is there any way to resolve this issue. Please

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" That's why they have requested to set the date slider as per the project start date"

Tell them that's not how Power BI works. Your Card visual option  (or a text box) is a better choice.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please explain the reasoning for making the search filter bidirectional. What is the actual business problem that you are trying to solve?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ibendlin. 

Actually, we have more than 26 projects that are ongoing and our clients monitor the project activities through the dashboard. That's why they have requested to set the date slider as per the project start date. I have displayed the project start date in Card visual however clients are not satisfied. 

Appreciate the assistance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.