Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jisaa4880

Dataset is not Push API dataset

Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve records from within a dataset/table and i'm receiving the following response:

{
    "error": {
        "code": "ItemNotFound",
        "message": "Dataset {dataset_id} is not Push API dataset."
    }
}

This is the GET url i'm using is:

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{group_id}/datasets/{dataset_id}/tables

The dataset that i'm looking to connect to is an existing dataset.  What exactly is an "Push API dataset"?  Is this a setting from within the dataset itself? I'm fariely inexperieinced in the Power BI API thus far and am looking for a bit of guidance on this prticular issue.  Any help would be greatly apprecaited. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sayantan

how to get tables from a dataset if that dataset is not a Push API dataset ?

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jisaa4880 / @Anonymous 

There are 2 ways to create a dataset in powerbi

1. From PowerBI Desktop we can easily create report and publish into pbi service

2. Using API Called Push API , programmatically we can also create a dataset by this method.

Note: Whenever you are seeing a error like this API supports only Push datasets (in other words meaning you can only use this API against the datasets created via REST API. A normal dataset published from PBI desktop doesn't support this. )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share the resolution if you were able to find a solution for this?

Cheers, B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.