Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data model used in Azure Cost Management connector vs Azure Consumption Insights

Hi! Does anybody know if there is a difference between the data model used in Azure Consumption Insights and the one used in Azure Cost Management connector? I couldn't find the MarketPlace table in ACM connector but it used to be in Azure Consumption Insights.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eliskacuhelova ,

Please refer to the links.

Connect to Azure Cost Management data in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

"You can use the Azure Cost Management connector for Power BI Desktop to make powerful, customized visualizations and reports that help you better understand your Azure spend. The Azure Cost Management connector currently supports customers with a Microsoft Customer Agreement or an Enterprise Agreement (EA).

The Azure Cost Management connector uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication with Azure and identifies users who are going to use the connector. Tokens generated in this process are valid for a specific period. Power BI preserves the token for the next login. OAuth 2.0, is a standard for the process that goes on behind the scenes to ensure the secure handling of these permissions. To connect, you must use an Enterprise Administrator account for Enterprise Agreements, or a Billing account owner for Microsoft Customer Agreements."

This connector replaces the previously available Azure Consumption Insights and Azure Cost Management (Beta) connectors. Any reports created with the previous connector must be recreated using this connector.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Satya_Machari
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Good information.I am alos using same Azure Cost Management connector.I have UsaageDatails Table want to find out Reserved Cost and OnDemand Cost from "PricingModel " Column.But i am getting empty values/Empty string in that column.If any idea please suggest.

Thanks

Satya

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eliskacuhelova ,

Please refer to the links.

Connect to Azure Cost Management data in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

"You can use the Azure Cost Management connector for Power BI Desktop to make powerful, customized visualizations and reports that help you better understand your Azure spend. The Azure Cost Management connector currently supports customers with a Microsoft Customer Agreement or an Enterprise Agreement (EA).

The Azure Cost Management connector uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication with Azure and identifies users who are going to use the connector. Tokens generated in this process are valid for a specific period. Power BI preserves the token for the next login. OAuth 2.0, is a standard for the process that goes on behind the scenes to ensure the secure handling of these permissions. To connect, you must use an Enterprise Administrator account for Enterprise Agreements, or a Billing account owner for Microsoft Customer Agreements."

This connector replaces the previously available Azure Consumption Insights and Azure Cost Management (Beta) connectors. Any reports created with the previous connector must be recreated using this connector.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I know about these links. When I compare the tables available to be loaded, there is a difference. The first snippet is from Azure Consumption Insights and the second one from Azure Cost Management connector. So my question is whether you know if the attributes from MarketPlace table "disappeared" in the new connector or what happened to MarketPlace table.

eliskacuhelova_0-1618385150459.pngeliskacuhelova_1-1618385171971.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors