cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ysapiyev Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data link doesn't work

Hi everyone.

I was trying to link two data by date. In one field I have only two dates, in another 100. However, Power BI desktop says that one of the column should have unique values. What can be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Re: Data link doesn't work

Hi @ysapiyev,

As the error message indicated, both of the data fields should have duplicate values in your model, so they cannot be used to create relationship. Could you go to check if that is the case in your scenario?

If that is not the case, could you post your table structures with some sample/mock data which can help us reproduce the issue? It's better to share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Responsive Resident

@v-ljerr-msft

There are duplicate values, since they are item names. but have different values. Is there any ways to combine them?

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @ysapiyev,

Could post some sample/mock data and the expected result as I have mentioned above? So that I can further assist on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Responsive Resident

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors