Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data link doesn't work

Hi everyone.

I was trying to link two data by date. In one field I have only two dates, in another 100. However, Power BI desktop says that one of the column should have unique values. What can be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ysapiyev,

As the error message indicated, both of the data fields should have duplicate values in your model, so they cannot be used to create relationship. Could you go to check if that is the case in your scenario?

If that is not the case, could you post your table structures with some sample/mock data which can help us reproduce the issue? It's better to share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

There are duplicate values, since they are item names. but have different values. Is there any ways to combine them?

Hi @ysapiyev,

Could post some sample/mock data and the expected result as I have mentioned above? So that I can further assist on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.