Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

patrickabel

Data Source for O365 Users or Azure Active Directory

Similar to MS' Azure Active Directory (AAD) Content Pack, I'm working on a custom Power BI Report that's dependant upon figuring out how to retrieve users and custom properties from AAD, or SPO user profiles. Is this possible from Power BI?

When I "get data" I see a connector for on-prem Active Directory, but not Azure Active Directory. Ideally I'd like to retrieve a data-set that includes a row for each user that includes all their custom properties/meta-data.

How can I do this?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@patrickabel wrote:

Similar to MS' Azure Active Directory (AAD) Content Pack, I'm working on a custom Power BI Report that's dependant upon figuring out how to retrieve users and custom properties from AAD, or SPO user profiles. Is this possible from Power BI?

When I "get data" I see a connector for on-prem Active Directory, but not Azure Active Directory. Ideally I'd like to retrieve a data-set that includes a row for each user that includes all their custom properties/meta-data.

How can I do this?

@patrickabel

AFAIK, the only AAD integrated feature in Power BI is Azure Active Directory meets Power BI. If this is not what you need, you may have to retrieve user and custom properties from AAD by yourself via AAD Graph API. See one thread Microsoft Graph API User custom property in stackoverflow. For further Graph API question, I suggest you post in the dedicated AAD forum, you'll get better response there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.