Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndyBAUSNZ
Regular Visitor

Dashboard unable to get data past 18/01 from on prem gateway

Hello

I created a dashboard, and it's pulling data from an on prem MYSQL server, it was working fine up until the 18th, when the data stopped flowing through to it, I've created new dashboards which all get the same issue, I've checked in power BI and it sees the gateway as online, I've checked the gateway and it shows as online, theres no errors in the gateway logs, when I manually refresh the dataset it refrshes without any errors, I installed another gateway connected to the same DB, geting the same issue (again with no errors in the logs), with the new gateway I installed (on my laptop) I disconnected the vpn so it can't access the DB, I get an error in power BI, but no errors in the logs

I have done a query directly to the DB and it does have newer data

Any ideas what else I can check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyBAUSNZ ,

Do you mean that your report data is no longer updated after 18/01 even if there is newer data coming in from the data source? First, we have to make sure that the gateway is installed on a computer that's always turned on. Don't install a gateway on a computer, like a laptop, that might be turned off, asleep, or disconnected from the Internet. The gateway can't run under any of those circumstances. There are some considerations need to be made when install gateway. The gateway acts as a bridge to provide fast and secure data transfer between on-premises data and Power BI. If the gateway does not work properly, this data cannot be transferred to Power BI...

yingyinr_0-1643184560979.png

yingyinr_3-1643185666769.png

Next, check to make sure you have added the SQL data source to the gateway correctly. You can refer to the official documentation below to add it. By the way, is there a scheduled refresh configured for the dataset?

Manage your data source - SQL Server

yingyinr_1-1643185391047.png

yingyinr_2-1643185414771.png

In addition, you can refer the following documentation to make troubleshooting by yourself and try to find the cause and get the solution.

Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyBAUSNZ ,

Do you mean that your report data is no longer updated after 18/01 even if there is newer data coming in from the data source? First, we have to make sure that the gateway is installed on a computer that's always turned on. Don't install a gateway on a computer, like a laptop, that might be turned off, asleep, or disconnected from the Internet. The gateway can't run under any of those circumstances. There are some considerations need to be made when install gateway. The gateway acts as a bridge to provide fast and secure data transfer between on-premises data and Power BI. If the gateway does not work properly, this data cannot be transferred to Power BI...

yingyinr_0-1643184560979.png

yingyinr_3-1643185666769.png

Next, check to make sure you have added the SQL data source to the gateway correctly. You can refer to the official documentation below to add it. By the way, is there a scheduled refresh configured for the dataset?

Manage your data source - SQL Server

yingyinr_1-1643185391047.png

yingyinr_2-1643185414771.png

In addition, you can refer the following documentation to make troubleshooting by yourself and try to find the cause and get the solution.

Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

incremental refresh set up?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.