Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

flennon
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Not Refreshing Push dataset

I have records being pushed into a dataset using PowerBI's RESTful API every 15 seconds. I get a 200 response every time as expected.

Sometimes the dashboard refreshes every 15 seconds when it gets new messages, whereas other times there are delays. Quite often I see delays of over a minute or two, with 9 minutes being the longest I've left it before having to manually refreshing the tiles. When manually refreshing it updates almost instantly. 

I am completing a proof of concept to see whether Power BI is suitable for my organization's real time dashboard's needs. Our customers would need dashboards that automatically update consistently. As far as I can remember, the documentation I've read stated that push datasets dont need to be updated, that the dashboard would update when new rows were recieved. 

Edit: The dataset has Historical Analysis enabled

Could anyone shed any light on why my dashboards aren't updating or what I can do to fix this issue?

I know Power BI premium increases performance etc, but I would like to prove that the consistency dashboard refreshes are satisfactory before we purchase. 

6 REPLIES 6
ricardoamiguel
Regular Visitor

did you have a solution to this problem?

Ay solution to this?As I am feeling the same thing.

I am pumping the data through Stream Aalytics to POWERBI ,and I have created a Report on that Hybrid dataset and pin the live page to dashboard.

But the report doesnt get refreshed when data is send

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @flennon,

I would suggest you try other browsers (Chrome should be a choice). It's almost real time in my test. 

1. Try Chrome.

2. Clear browser caches and histories if possible.

3. Auto refresh is only supported in the Dashboard.

4. Test refreshing manually every 15 seconds in order to make sure it isn't a network issue.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

This is an old message but someone like me will get here.

You must pin to dashboard to autorefresh.

Hi Dale, 

So here is a  video showing the issue. As stated previously. It doesnt always happen, will happen randomly every now and again. 

1. I do use chrome, I will test on another browser. 

2. I cleared the browser cache and history at 10am. It is now almost 2pm.

3. It is a dashboard I'm having an issue with.

4. I refreshed and the dashboard does update, however we need auto refresh

Hi @flennon,

I tested it again. It almost refreshed in real time. Can you share your code?

Screen_Capture_7_13_2018_1_15_53_PM

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.