Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phamacom
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Design

Hi,

I'm new to using Power BI and have questions about design. My company wants to develop a dashboard for each individual attorney. Although the data information will be the same, how do I go about in developing one template for all user to access? How do I filter the template for that one attorney? Is Power BI the way to go for this kind of dashboard? Thanks in advance.

Robert 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Phamacom,

#1, You can design a report and setting RLS filter based on username to achieve current user filter effects on the report and assign this role on power bi service side to your members. (notice: RLS filter only work with read permission users, you need to configure your users' permissions on the dataset side)

Solved: RLS with UserName() - Microsoft Power BI Community

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

#2, I'd like to suggest you check the following blog about dynamic attribute filter if it is suitable for your requirement:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report | P3 Adaptive
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adam456
Frequent Visitor

Explore Mokkup.ai, an intuitive dashboard wireframing tool designed to streamline the creation of mock dashboard wireframes in under 30 minutes. With an extensive library featuring 150+ templates, organized into 8+ categories such as sales, marketing, and SaaS, you have the flexibility to customize them according to your specific requirements. Additionally, you can easily add a custom theme to personalize your dashboard even further.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Phamacom Just to double-check, when you say "dashboard" do you really mean a Power BI dashboard or are you referring to a report? Dashboards are specific things in Power BI and a lot of people coming from other technologies use the word dashboard when they are really referring to a report. If it is actually a report that you want for each attorney then I would recommend RLS (row level security).

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Greg,

I don't mean a report but a dashboard. The dashboard gives the user ability to change the info based on the slicer selection. The slicer lets them see current month, last month, and YTD information.

Rob

Hi @Phamacom,

#1, You can design a report and setting RLS filter based on username to achieve current user filter effects on the report and assign this role on power bi service side to your members. (notice: RLS filter only work with read permission users, you need to configure your users' permissions on the dataset side)

Solved: RLS with UserName() - Microsoft Power BI Community

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

#2, I'd like to suggest you check the following blog about dynamic attribute filter if it is suitable for your requirement:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report | P3 Adaptive
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.