Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danning1234
Advocate I
Advocate I

DAX Studio, Unsupported dependency node discovered

Hi, i launch the following command to find dependency in DAX Studio and it no longer works. It worked before.

Anyone has an idea?

I check the measures, there is no "!" marks.

select * from $SYSTEM.DISCOVER_CALC_DEPENDENCY

danning1234_0-1600265016867.png

Thanks to all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danning1234
Advocate I
Advocate I

So, finally i found out why it didn't work.

In M, i have a table from SQL Server and i add some custom columns to this table, which is ok, and i referenced this table to create another table. Untill here, tables are fine, it loads to the model, no error message.

However, when trying to do select * from $SYSTEM.DISCOVER_CALC_DEPENDENCY in DAX Studio, i got the error message.

Solution is to stop the referencing, just re-bring the table from SQL and do the rest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adrgod
Frequent Visitor

well, I understand that, but we can't just stop referencing tables. we're using references to avoid using tables' duplication, otherwise the dataset file gets bigger for nothing. ther should be another way to fix the reference issue, having a reference shouldn't be an issue of bad reference when reading the metadata, don't you agree?

cheers

AG

danning1234
Advocate I
Advocate I

So, finally i found out why it didn't work.

In M, i have a table from SQL Server and i add some custom columns to this table, which is ok, and i referenced this table to create another table. Untill here, tables are fine, it loads to the model, no error message.

However, when trying to do select * from $SYSTEM.DISCOVER_CALC_DEPENDENCY in DAX Studio, i got the error message.

Solution is to stop the referencing, just re-bring the table from SQL and do the rest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @danning1234  so your saying instead of referencing, just duplicate the query?

hi @Anonymous , according to  my experience, yes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors