Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qs
Helper I
Helper I

DATA[booked_calls]

Hello,  I hope that I can get a bit of help. I have two columns in my DATA table and I'm trying to divide one by the other to give me a percentile output. 

It's a simple call booking table. Ideally, I would like to see a percentage column which shows calls divided by booked_call for any given day and/or month.

Both calls and booked_calls are expressed in dd: mm:yyyy hh: mm: ss.

DATA[calls] is the first column and DATA[booked_calls] is the other. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your message. Since I have date_table, I managed to get the percentages of the "calls" over the "booked_calls" using  the following formula:

Percentage = DIVIDE([count of calls],[count of booked_calls])*100

Best
Q

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@qs wrote:

Hello,  I hope that I can get a bit of help. I have two columns in my DATA table and I'm trying to divide one by the other to give me a percentile output. 

It's a simple call booking table. Ideally, I would like to see a percentage column which shows calls divided by booked_call for any given day and/or month.

Both calls and booked_calls are expressed in dd: mm:yyyy hh: mm: ss.

DATA[calls] is the first column and DATA[booked_calls] is the other. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

@qs

It is not quite clear for me. Could you share any sample data and expected output?

In substance, I would like to calculate the ratio of  "Count of calls" over "Count of booked_calls" expressed in percentage for each given month.

@qs

Then you'll have to split those two column into individual tables, convert the selected column to date type.

booked_calls = SELECTCOLUMNS(yourTable,"booked_call",yourTable[booked_call])

calls = SELECTCOLUMNS(yourTable,"call",yourTable[calls])

Create a calendar table.

calendar = CALENDAR("2017-01-01","2017-12-31")

The create proper relationship

Capture.PNG

Then just create a measure as

prec = DIVIDE(COUNT(booked_calls[booked_call]),COUNT(calls[call]))

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your message. Since I have date_table, I managed to get the percentages of the "calls" over the "booked_calls" using  the following formula:

Percentage = DIVIDE([count of calls],[count of booked_calls])*100

Best
Q

Using date table. then I would like to see how many calls are made against booked  calls in each given month, expressed in percentageUsing date table. then I would like to see how many calls are made against booked calls in each given month, expressed in percentage

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors