Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Evgeniy_O
Frequent Visitor

Custom visuals in Embedded mode for AppOwnsData scenario

Hi community,

I created a custom visual and successfully added it to organizational visuals list. It's available when working under my account on Power BI Service. 

However, when I try to give my users an ability to create reports using Power BI Embedded (with App Owns Data scenario) using the same dataset in the same workspace, this visual is not visible. Do you know whether it's possible to make it work?

Eugene

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Evgeniy_O,

Please share some more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario.

1. What type of users view the shared report with custom visuals? Organization members or external users?

As the document said, the option seems to share permission to organizations users. It may cause issues when you try to share the users not include in your organizations.

How to govern Power BI visuals inside your organization#How do admins adjust access rights for users... 

2. Any advanced operations or security settings enabled on your dataset? 

Advance security without apply user role/data may block the report data loading.

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded 

You can also take a look at the following document about the security and custom visual usage on power bi service:

Power BI Security#data-storage-security 

Power BI visuals FAQ 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.