Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom visual certification

Few questions to this:

1. Is this obligatory to publish custom visual to the Microsoft marketplace to get it certified?

What If I do not want to publish it there and keep it within my/client organization and be able to utilize benefits from certifiction like printing or exporting to ppt/pdf?

2. Should I provide ongoing support for my custom visuals if i decide to publish it to marketplace?

What if i do this and stop supporting let say after one month? Microsoft will drop it from marketplace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

1. Yes, a custom visual must be in marketplace to be proposed for certification (it does not mean it would be certified)
  2. Support is required for major issues that might affect lots of customers. If visual is totally broken we will consider such a visual for deprecation
  3. We test both functionality and security asspects to make sure we certify a good product
  4. There's no need to test a custom visual for each update because Power BI team keeps API w/o breaking changes. If there's a breaking change we notify developers and csutomer via email and community forum.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me add few more questions:

3.  What tests are done during the certification proces? Is this regards security and code clarity only? 

Or Microsoft focuses on visual functionality and usage too, reccomending what fields or options to add?

4. Should the visual be tested and fixed if necessary each time new Power BI update comes?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

1. Yes, a custom visual must be in marketplace to be proposed for certification (it does not mean it would be certified)
  2. Support is required for major issues that might affect lots of customers. If visual is totally broken we will consider such a visual for deprecation
  3. We test both functionality and security asspects to make sure we certify a good product
  4. There's no need to test a custom visual for each update because Power BI team keeps API w/o breaking changes. If there's a breaking change we notify developers and csutomer via email and community forum.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.