Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WouterBo
Helper II
Helper II

Custom visual API 2.5.0 analytics pane - how to guide

The release notes for the 2.5.0 version of the PowerBI custom visual API mention the introduction of the Analytics Pane. However, I cannot find any information on how to use it. Adding the object with "objectCategory" : 2 to the capabilities.json does not seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any further information for using the analytics pane in custom visuals? I would like to be able to add statistical lines to my custom visuals.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @WouterBo,

I was able to get this working in the past using the dedicated page in the documentation, so presuming that this is your reference, I think your approach is likely correct. All it takes is to add the "objectCategory": "2" to your appropriate object and it would shift over to the Analytics pane when enumeration is next triggered.

I've just tested and I don't think it's working currently, as it definitely was last time I checked (probably within the last 4 months or so).

I would suggest raising an issue to make the team aware and hopefully they can investigate and resolve.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @WouterBo,

I was able to get this working in the past using the dedicated page in the documentation, so presuming that this is your reference, I think your approach is likely correct. All it takes is to add the "objectCategory": "2" to your appropriate object and it would shift over to the Analytics pane when enumeration is next triggered.

I've just tested and I don't think it's working currently, as it definitely was last time I checked (probably within the last 4 months or so).

I would suggest raising an issue to make the team aware and hopefully they can investigate and resolve.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thanks Daniel @dm-p

Yes, I took that page as a reference. You've helped me an important step further, thanks! 

I even found some sample code: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors