Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WouterBo
Helper II
Helper II

Custom visual API 2.5.0 analytics pane - how to guide

The release notes for the 2.5.0 version of the PowerBI custom visual API mention the introduction of the Analytics Pane. However, I cannot find any information on how to use it. Adding the object with "objectCategory" : 2 to the capabilities.json does not seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any further information for using the analytics pane in custom visuals? I would like to be able to add statistical lines to my custom visuals.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @WouterBo,

I was able to get this working in the past using the dedicated page in the documentation, so presuming that this is your reference, I think your approach is likely correct. All it takes is to add the "objectCategory": "2" to your appropriate object and it would shift over to the Analytics pane when enumeration is next triggered.

I've just tested and I don't think it's working currently, as it definitely was last time I checked (probably within the last 4 months or so).

I would suggest raising an issue to make the team aware and hopefully they can investigate and resolve.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @WouterBo,

I was able to get this working in the past using the dedicated page in the documentation, so presuming that this is your reference, I think your approach is likely correct. All it takes is to add the "objectCategory": "2" to your appropriate object and it would shift over to the Analytics pane when enumeration is next triggered.

I've just tested and I don't think it's working currently, as it definitely was last time I checked (probably within the last 4 months or so).

I would suggest raising an issue to make the team aware and hopefully they can investigate and resolve.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Thanks Daniel @dm-p

Yes, I took that page as a reference. You've helped me an important step further, thanks! 

I even found some sample code: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.