Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iskakovshamil
Frequent Visitor

Custom fonts in embedded reports Power BI Embedded

Hello everyone.

Can I use custom fonts in embedded reports without installing the font on my (and other users) local computer?

In Power BI Desktop, this can be done by loading a theme from a JSON file. However, this font must be installed on the local computer. But i need to embed the report into webportal so i need to know only for Power BI Embedded:)

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

has there been any further developments on this issue?

Thanks!

claywey

@iskakovshamil , yeah I've run into this issue too.

The limitation is that the custom must be installed on the local machine accessing the report from the service or from the embedding app. 

It also will not use the font if even if it's sent over in a bundle to the browser by the embedding app. If someone has figured out how to get around that limitation would be wonderful.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iskakovshamil ,

You can save and publish a report with a theme applied to it. The applied theme will be the default theme for this report when it's loaded in Power BI Service or Power BI embedded analytics.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But now it doesn't work like that.
I created a report with the Roboto font, published it in PBI Service, and embedded the report on the platform. Then I go to the platform from another device (where the Roboto font is not installed), and there all fonts change to Times New Roman.

Does your solution mean that a device that doesn't have the Roboto font installed has to display a report with that font?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
were you able to find the solution to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.